Sunday, April 6, 2008

Nya RDM tails

Okay, so I have more to say today. Mostly about Red Mage...

I've been 75 for a little over a month now, actually. And, while I intended the job to be more of my solo purposes, and, while we have like 47634 RDMs in the LS, I've still been asked to go to a few events on RDM (They're also trying to get me to level DRK, which is 31 now). It's not really a problem.. I mean, I don't mind .. I like RDM. But I find I'm not nearly as comfortable as if I were on WHM or BRD. It's just practice, I know.

Some events, like Limbus, RDM is basically a WHM. And I don't sweat at that. But other events.. I get scurrred. Very, very scurrred.

Last Tiamat Pop:

There was very few people on LS, and those who were on rushed, including me. I think I was on BLM at the time so I just changed jobs to RDM and took whatever gear I had with me. I was missing a few valuable pieces, namely a BELT but it's commmon practise for WW peeps to just claim, settle, and then change jobs to something more important. I really thought I'd be amoung those who had to change jobs. When I got there though, I was invited to tank PT. Then I started to worry... because no other RDMs were coming. Then I really started to worry when we didn't have the people to settle while others changed jobs. Then I reallllly started to worry when the fight wasn't going smoothly. Then I started to panic when I can't reliably land Slow 2 and I was missing Refresh cycle while curing, hasting, etc etc, with gimp gear. People from other Ls' were examining me and it was a little embarrasing -- I don't have great RDM gear, I don't have many macros because it's mostly just a solo thing.

We won Tiamat, and got Gaiters. Which is great -- but it was a pretty slob fight.



Then the other day we did another Ouryu and I was asked to go RDM. Fine, NP. But really, I was panicking. I had no comfortable idea what the fuck to do. I was in Melee PT and I just.. did everything I could. I Refreshed, Hasted my peoples... I kept far away worms silenced and elementals slept. I could hardly keep up my own MP but the fights went really quick.. thankfully. We broke record with a 24 minute Ouryu. Which was cool. I'm slowly getting practise in.. it's a strange feeling not knowing exactly what to do at any given second. Noone's really scolded me so far, so maybe I'm doing allright.



Salvages are every day now. It's fun but god, it gets boring quick. Every day I'm being asked to do Golden Salvage assault for points... and while I do want to help and not be an emo SMN, I've taken like 5x longer to rank up because I'm using up assault tags the day I get them. There's rarely any room for me to do new assaults and when I do, I usually make 2-3 people emo because I don't do Golden Salvage FOR them. sheesh. I tried to do new runs with a certain RDM but it dosent seem to work out. It's really frustrating and sometimes I'd just rather not go at all. But, I still go. And when I'm there I enjoy myself.


Speaking of which, it's time for Salvage. CU.

2 comments:

MogKnight said...

Moggie really does need to do his Salvage for some Usufeet :3

... Too bad, BRD is in high demand. >:

LisethofCerberus said...

rwar! How can you do Tiamat without a RDM/DRK coming? ;x